A superb opportunity has arisen for a Sales Assistant at our clients Swindon site, and we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated person to join their existing team. You will need to be a team player, able to meet tight timelines with a “can do” attitude. This is a fast-paced innovative industry with the focus throughout the business being on customer service.
You will be responsible for supporting the Director of Sales and the Sales Account
Manager daily to ensure the smooth operation of each individual department within the Company.
The Sales Assistant’s primary focus is liaising with both new and existing external clients, as well as our internal departments. The emphasis is very much on customer service and will include a vast amount of interaction with clients whilst processing their orders, managing customer complaints, liaising with planning and production and ensuring that on time delivery targets are met. Leading by example, you will consistently deliver an excellent level of customer service whilst assisting in the maximisation of the overall sales of the business.
- Ensure customers are greeted and supported with enquiries and complaints
- Inform / report all discrepancies and problems to the Director of Sales or Account Manager
- Assist as directed with the recording of business performance figures with accuracy
- Maintain and develop a consistent and high level of customer care and service
- Assist with the implementation of advertising and promotional activities
- Process all sales transactions / operations efficiently in accordance with company procedure
- Aware of all responsibilities for all aspects of GMP
- Ensure high level of knowledge on each product through reading and various meetings
- Make sure both customer and employee safety is the uppermost priority
- Assist with planning and production to ensure optimum on time delivery service
- Develop and maintain a database for prospective customers and follow up on quotations effectively
- Meet multiple different targets effectively whilst maintaining an organised and calm approach
- Liaise, maintain, and build effective relationships with customers
Who you are:
- Team player who thrives in a result driven, fast paced and challenging environment
- Be able to lead by example with consistent high standards whilst maintaining composure in challenging situations
- Logical, methodical and maintain an organised approach to workload whilst using your energy and passion and pride in your own work, to inspire and motivate your team
- Adaptable and flexible – the ability to adapt your approach to work in line with changing business demands.
- Charismatic, diplomatic and professional
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Innovative in approach
- Can meet targets effectively
- Ability to learn, explain and understand products
- Can sufficiently analyse and interpret financial and statistical data
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Good educational background in English and Maths
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- A minimum of A-C grade at GCSE level/A Level in Mathematics and English is required.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (basic skill level)
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Salary: £9.50 per hour
|Rate of Pay:
|£9.50 per hour