6 month contracts with potential to go perm.
Require full driving licence
To supervise the building maintenance operatives to ensure that the team is working efficiently and safely in accordance with our health and safety policies. To work with the responsive repairs surveyors to provide an effective repairs service.
• To coordinate and supervise building maintenance operatives to ensure the most cost effective and economical use of resources and advice the repairs Managers of the level of resources required on individual jobs.
• Ensure that all work is carried out within priority period and to a high standard.
• Pre-inspect work to identify work content, duration and materials required and where poor descriptions may cause delays and liaison with surveyors to clarify before works commence thus reducing failure to complete.
• Produce detailed schedules of works and specify the requirements of the job in order to enable the in house workforce to carry out the works.
• Pre-order non-stock materials and stock materials for larger or more complicated works so that they can be collected from the stores on the day the works commence or arrange with wholesalers to deliver to site when required.
• To monitor the delivery of repairs in line with agreed policies and performance standards.
• Work with the planners to ensure works are correctly appointed with adequate time allocation
• To carry out site compliance inspections to ensure that ladders, portable appliances, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, personnel protective equipment are within their inspection dates. Check that daily van checks have been carried out.
• To work with the Building surveyors in diagnosing building repair solutions for corporate assets.
• Carry out post inspections of selected completed works to ensure materials, time and plant have been correctly claimed and investigate complaints of poor workmanship.
• The organisation and control of contractors engaged by the building maintenance department.
• Work with the repairs co-ordinator in reporting to the Area Managers the post inspection and health and Safety inspections results.
• Assist repairs business support with any completed work quires.
• Answering of any correspondence with respect to repairs and maintenance complaints and enquires about service delivery relating to the Council’s housing stock from: Tenants and leaseholders Tenants representatives Members of Parliament Members of the Council etc.
• Attend Council tenancy and public meetings including assisting in preparing any necessary reports, giving verbal advice and recommendations with respect to technical policy matters.
• Provide evidence to the Police and Judiciary in respect of relevant issue.
• By working with the planners for your area monitor and manage the availability of appointment slots and the correct and effective delivery of the out of hour’s service.
|37 - 8am - 4pm
|Rate of Pay: