An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager at our well established client in Newcastle upon Tyne. The company, as a whole, provides the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries with solutions to a range of outsourcing requirements.
Established in 1971, with multiple sites in the UK and Ireland and employing over 500 people, the group offers an impressive range of technical, manufacturing, packaging and storage/distribution services.
Job Purpose: · To manage all operational activity related to producing pharmaceutical products at the company. Ensuring that products are delivered on time in full at the right cost and to the agreed quality specification.
- Provide leadership and direction to all operational staff with direct responsibility for the Operations Team
- To liaise with the commercial and supply chain groups on all matters relating to producing and supplying the product Communicate Operations plans and performance across the site
- Setting objectives and KPIs for the Operations functions whilst collaborating with other site functions to ensure consistency of approach
- Represent the company on projects and in meetings regarding development of product, systems, and processes related to the production of the product.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining Quality, Safety, and cGMP standards within the manufacturing areas
- Provide direct guidance, leadership, and motivation to the Operations management team
- Set objectives to enable effective appraisal and development of PDPs
- Provide regular formal and informal communication to ensure that team members are fully informed on all aspects related to operating the site and producing the product
- Set up and chair meetings that ensure effective communication of team goals and results
- Set the standards against which results will be measured
- To ensure product is manufactured and stored according to the defined procedures and that adequate procedures and monitoring are in place to meet accepted standards
- Provide on time delivery of manufactured product in line with approved specifications and appropriate cGMP, Home Office and Environmental legislation and guidance
- Ensure effective liaison with technical team in the development and implementation of new processes, products and work methods
- Work with others to develop continuous improvement of product processes, systems, quality, and environment
- Ensure departmental KPIs are met or exceeded through on-going review and improvement activities.
Education & Experience
Requirements · Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. · Strong track record of leading operations teams · Strong understanding of GMP and associated control requirements · Strong understanding of good Health and Safety practices · Proven experience in manufacturing and logistics activity ·
Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications
|Rate of Pay: