New, exciting opportunity for the right candidate based at our client’s Swindon site. The purpose of the role is to repair, install and carry out maintenance. The candidate will work with many internal and external contacts and will report to the Area Repairs Manager.
The candidate’s key accountabilities include:
- To be able to service, repair all types of flat and pitched roofing
- To renew complete new flat or pitched roof
- Replace and repair lead work including installing gas sleeves
- Carry out repointing and rendering of chimneys
- Cut in rafters as required
- Replace facia and soffits
- Renew brickwork and carry out repointing on gable ends
- To be able to assess problems, interpret complex information with various types of roofing systems, decide the appropriate measures to correct faults without delays. This requires analytical and judgmental skills
- Order scaffolding; discuss design/layout on-site when required
- Assist and advise maintenance surveyors to analyse roofing faults
- To organise and liaison with scaffold company to ensure scaffold configuration is correct
- Arrange appointment with tenant to carry out the repair upon completion off hire scaffold
- Competent in the use of data recording and analysing equipment
- Ensure property is left clean and tidy removing all rubbish and make sure items suitable for recycling are separated
- To complete all work allocated or appointed by target date/time and priority
- To complete work to all appropriate standards i.e. approved codes of practices for the building industries, also current building regulations, byelaws and schedule of rates
- To maintain the highest level in customer care and in line with service standards
- To have completed all required paperwork or electronic recording of test, time and material used
- To order the appropriate spares / materials from external suppliers
- To maintain the required qualifications for delivering the service as part of continuous professional
- Participate in the training of apprentices and other trainees, report findings to supervisor
The candidate must have the following minimum knowledge and experience:
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 qualification or similar experience.
- A modern apprenticeship, form of craft apprentice or similar experience.
- Sound working experience in domestic maintenance.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Demonstrate knowledge of participating in good practices i.e. H & S
- Must be able to carry out a full range of duties
- To have detailed knowledge of all other building crafts.
- Show ability to be able to carry out other minor trade tasks.
- Ability to organise own workload.
|Rate of Pay: