New, exciting opportunity for the right candidate based at our client’s Swindon site. The purpose of the role is to inspect, repair, install and maintain all carpentry works. The candidate will work with many internal and external contacts and will report to the Contract Supervisor.
The candidate’s key accountabilities include:
- To inspect, repair and maintain all types of carpentry works
- Use of all types of electrical equipment
- Maintain all appropriate tools to a high standard
- Competent in the use of data recording
- Ensure property is left clean and tidy removing all rubbish and arrange with supervisor for collection making sure items suitable for recycling are separated
- To complete all work allocated or appointed by target date/time and priority
- To complete work to all appropriate standards i.e. approved codes of practices for the building industries, also current building regulations, carpentry and schedule of rates
- To maintain the highest level in customer care and in line with service standards
- To have completed all required paperwork or electronic recording of test, time and material used.
- To order the appropriate spares from internal and external suppliers
- To maintain the required qualifications for delivering the service as part of continuous professional
- Participate in the training of apprentices and other trainees, report findings to supervisor
The candidate must have the following minimum knowledge and experience:
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 qualification or similar
- A modern apprenticeship, form of craft apprentice or similar
- Sound working experience in domestic maintenance
- Ability to make site visits
- Demonstrate knowledge of participating in good practices i.e. H & S
- Must be able to carry out a full range of duties
- To have detailed knowledge of all other building crafts.
- Show ability to obtain other building skills with training to deliver the service.
|Rate of Pay: