Salary – Depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for a skilled technician to work in a garage located in Swindon. This well established business is known for its customer service and attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and the reliability of engines and mechanical systems.
An excellent technician must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Inspect vehicle engineer and mechanical / electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts ect)aiming for vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Provide accurate estimates (cost,time,effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Proven experience as an auto mechanic, with a maximum of 3 years experience
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids chemicals
- Apprenticed served or relevant industry qualifications are required.
|Rate of Pay:
|£28,000 - £32,000